First Assembly of God of Fairfield began on July 19, 1938, in a rented storefront building downtown. Later, in 1942, the church leased two back rooms and the front auditorium of the Japanese School of Suisun Valley. It moved again to 700 North Texas Street, on the curve across from Armijo High School’s athletic field.
On May 3, 1954 the church incorporated, and in 1964 property was purchased at 2207 Union Avenue to accommodate the church growth. In June of that same year, a ground-breaking service was held, and in September, 1966 the new facility was dedicated.
In October 1994, the Church began building again. The construction of a six classroom Educational Building was complete and operable by June 1995.
In August of 2012, Eric Lura became the Lead Pastor at First Assembly of God of Fairfield. He, his wife Holly, their two sons David and Steven, and their baby daughter Sarah, bring new life and energy to this historic church and with the church, continue to offer Hope to the city of Fairfield.